Eventually, Blender geometry nodes will replicate most of the existing modifiers, but until the Mirror modifier is built in, I decided to make my own.
This node group replicates the following parts of the modifier:
- X, Y, Z Mirror
- Mirror Object (with rotation) or Override with manual Location/Rotation
- Merge (only on geometry that supports merging)
These parts are my own additions:
- Clipping works in a similar way to the modifier, except you have to choose either positive or negative clipping. Original Clipping works always in the original object's space even when a mirror object is specified. A future version may have clipping that works exactly like the modifier.
- The recenter around origin option tries to move the results to be centered around the original object's origin in regards to the mirror center's location and rotation.
- Added experimental "Recenter Around Origin" option
- Added Mirror Center Override Option
- Added Clip Original Options
- Initial Release
A Blend file with a Geometry Node Asset
Blender Version>= 3.1.2
- A Blend file with a Geometry Node Asset
- Blender Version >= 3.1.2